Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mickey Mouse Look

Continuing on with my Lady Gaga looks this is another look I did from her Video from her hit song 'Paparazzi'. I'd describe it as a sinister take on the Disney icon, Mickey Mouse. I don't know if there are actual reasons and hidden meanings as to why she chose this particular look for the scene where she killed her boyfriend by poisoning his drink, but in my opinion i'd say that the character she portrays in the different versions of the video I've seen are that she's in a pretty volatile relationship, very violent, aggressive and controlling, all on the males side. We see him pushing her off a balcony whilst paparazzi are watching and she is killed. Maybe he didn't like being with a woman of such power? As she plays a famous character known as 'Lady Gaga' in the video. So my theory is that her "wife beaten" character has a dark side waiting to come out, and she disguises herself as a cartoon character who's known for being a cute, funny innocent childs cartoon character that no-one would ever associate with murder... what do you think? Would LOVE to hear your thoughts!

I'm sure I could have worded this better so I really do apologise for the lengthy analysis!

I hope you enjoy this look, I have since recreated it on a model for a photoshoot so will be posting them photos as soon as I receive them from the photographer.

 
No editing has been done on this and I used my blackberry with the flash on to take the picture.

I didn't actually use black lipstick for this, instead I used black eyeshadow applied with a eyeshadow brush, to create a soft powder look effect with a slight hint of white eyeshadow on the middle of my bottom lip to give it a slight highlight. 

If you are going to try this look yourself its important to conceal your lips first to get the best effect!
Hope you enjoy and have fun doing it yourself or on others!

For everyone that has left me feedback and comments so far I really do appreciate it and I always reply and follow every single person that leaves links and comments :) Thankyou soooo much for all the response so far!

5 comments:

  1. Haha I love your theory ;) So gonna have to re-watch that video, haven't seen it for ages! Your eye make up is gorgeouuuuus!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely look! Really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen, the eye makeup was created with me basically making a mess of trying to apply the right false eyelashes to my bottom lashes! Haha.

    I'm so glad you like it.

    Kawaii- thankyou for your comment I recently followed your blog and I love it! Definitely a must see/read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!! very dramatic and goth, great job :)))

    ReplyDelete