I am an avid self tanner. I have been using fake tan since I was 13. Over the years I have found fake tans that I find amazing at the time, but then I always seem to find faults with them after a few applications and then I'm back on the hunt again.
Things I hate about certain self tanning products:
- Some of them just take a ridiculous amount of time to dry, and you feel like most of it is sticking to your sheets
- One L'oreal fake tan is so sticky when it's applied, I couldn't sit on my leather couch afterwards without having to peel myself off it
- Others dry very weirdly and they tend to go a bit "bitty" as if you're rubbing the first layer off when applying your second layer
- Tans that claims to develop within the hour.... but never ever do.
- Awful smelling fake tan. Could look amazing on, but the stench can sometimes take away the overall look.
In my local shopping centre there is a cosmetic shop that sells really cheap products like nail varnishes, eyelashes, and hair accessories, I'm pretty sure everyone everywhere has one of these type of shops. I needed a new fake tan but had around £10 on me so I decided to go there, I asked the lady who worked there what fake tans are really good, and for her to not be biased just because she worked there, she told me about this new fake tan mist that was instant, but also developed to a darker colour over time. I bought it for £5.99.
I have to say, out of 10, I would give this product a 9.5. It is absolutely excellent. It's actually everything I have ever looked for in a fake tan.
- Does go on instantly, and does get darker over night.
- Dries completely within 10 minutes.
- It does not work like normal instant tans where it is instant application and instant wash off, this one stays on.
- It fades over time, instead of going blotchy and patchy.
- It is quite watery so a little bit goes a long way.
- Doesn't have any form of over powering smell, I don't think there is even any form of smell whatsoever.
- Doesn't streak.
The only thing that is wrong about it's advertisement is that its a mist spray. It is misty, but when you apply it you do have to rub it in hense why it didnt get the full 10/10. But that in itself doesn't deter me from the product in any way. I will continue to buy this product unless they realise how under priced it is and start bumping it up!
I don't really know if you can tell colour wise as this is quite a dark picture. But I had applied the Natural Tan about 2 hours before this photo was taken. I have very fair skin with freckles, so although it may not look very brown, it really is alot darker than my natural skin tone. Hope this gives you some sort of idea.